It’s official, I have finished my first year of Acupuncture and Oriental Medical School and I am one-third the way through! I’m off for another two weeks and plan to spend my time back-packing through the beautiful Ruby Mountain Range in Nevada and then on to the breathtaking views of the Rockies in Colorado. Just for the trip I have packed up my Chinese Medicinal First Aid Kit complete with:
- Yarrow – To stop bleeding; used topically
- Plaintain – To decrease inflammation, bee stings, bug bites; used topically
- Arnica – For muscle aches, bruises, & pain relief for trauma
- Yunan Bai Yao – To help stop bleeding; for minor trauma
- Camphor Muscle Patch – For muscle aches, inflammation etc.
- Acupuncture needles
- Benedryl – In case of allergic reaction
- Epi Pen
- Ching Wan Hung – Burn Cream
- In addition, we are also packing along the traditional kit, w/ guaze, bandaids, aspirin, etc.
It should be a great trip and it will be a wonderful way to transition into the Fall Season. The light in Portland is just beginning to change to the golden glow that means Fall and I know in the mountains it is already a step ahead.
Have a wonderful rest of your summer and I’ll be excited to share more information with you in the Fall!
Till then, be well!